U9 Indoor Program
We continue to teach age appropriate basic fundamental movement skills such as running, jumping and kicking a ball. The emphasis is on having fun while learning the basic skills.
Players should wear shorts, indoor soccer shoes, shin pads and socks which fully cover their shin pads. Jerseys are generously supplied by Tim Hortons and players keep their jerseys at the end of the season.
For their safety players are not allowed to wear any jewellery (earrings, necklaces, bracelets, etc) during games or practices. Taping of jewellery is not sufficient to prevent player injury Played in-house at the DCC
- Two 55 minute sessions per week. One will be a practice and one will be a game
- Small team roster sizes of about eight players.
- Play will be 7 v 7 including a goalie. Each player has a turn to be in goal. Goalie will be allowed to use hands but must either roll the ball to a team mate or place the ball on the ground and kick the ball.
- Players are encouraged to stay in position and shifts change about every five minutes.
Highlights of our U9 Program
- Drills will focus on the players getting many touches on the ball and developing soccer skills of ball control, passing, shooting and playing positions. The boards will be in play. The game will help develop and understanding of field positioning and the rules of indoor soccer.Team size targets will be adjusted from year to year in order to optimize player development with this new format.
- The coaches will assist on the field during the games.
Remember the most important skill: HAVE FUN!