This program runs on Sunday mornings for 12 weeks from October to the end of January.
Our U4 program introduces very young children to physical literacy and the soccer ball. We are teaching age appropriate basic fundamental movement skills. The emphasis is on having fun while learning the basic physical literacy skills.
Players should wear shorts, indoor running shoes, shin pads and socks which fully cover their shin pads. T-shirts are generously supplied by Tim Hortons and players keep their t-shirts at the end of the season. For their safety players are not allowed to wear any jewelry (earrings, necklaces, bracelets, etc) during games or practices. Taping of jewelry is not sufficient to prevent player injury
Played in-house at the DCC
- One 55 minute session per week.
- Child registers for a 12 week Sunday morning program
- 20 - 25 minute of drills and skill exercises
- Players rotate through various skill training stations which may vary week-to-week and through play will teach the children skills which include:
- Running and stopping
- Hopping and skipping
- Kicking the ball
- Moving left and right, forward and backwards
- Small team roster sizes of about eight players
Highlights of our U4 Program
- Drills will focus on the players getting many touches on the ball and developing the basic soccer skills of ball control, passing and shooting.
Remember the most important skill: HAVE FUN!